A Gift for every occassion that's unique and personal - special customised cake suited to your theme and budget!!
Homemade custom design cake made by using only the fresh and premium imported quality.. no compromise on ingredients (that's our motto)
Those interested, please email: cupcakeslicious@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mini Doll Cake made out of a blunder

This "mini doll cake: was accidently created out of a blunder (clumsy mistake) (which Im soo glad that I made that mistake *grin*)..You see, at first, I wanted to try my hands on this tall cupcakes design (inspired by sugarbloom). Tall cupcakes are stacked up cupcakes covered in full fondant and decorated. It was almost 10 pm when I decided to do this and during the whole time I worked on this, my mischievous son kept on disturbing me making me very clumsy and ..accidently cut the fondant shorter. As it was already very late, I didnt feel like starting all over again so I just continued and started to search around the house for a transparent wrapper to put around it (if only I can cover the 'ugly' part I thought) but yep.. as you've probably guessed, no transparent wrapper but instead I found this paper that I usualy put in boxes as the base paper. So I thought, that'll be nice as yeah.. well.. it has lace.. hehe... but yeah..since its round, obviously (duh) when I tried to stick it around the cupcakes, it doesnt fit nicely... but then... (DING!!! NEON SIGN FLASHING!!!! ) HEY... that'll make a very nice doll skirt... YEAHH... (quickly running and looking for my so called doll head)... so yeah anyway... the supposed to be tall cupcakez design turned out to be this mini doll cakez (that has no legs.. hehe..) The strapless top of the doll and the rest of the cake are 100% edible (the paper covering the body that looks like skirt obviously is made from paper so therefore non-edible). So yeah, I wanted to try my hand to make a doll cake in the future but for now.. this will be the mini version (3 stacked of cupcakezz).. *giggles*..




No comments: